The unfortunate event of terrorist attack on Indian Military Camp at Uri near LoC has brought much needed debate to the fore.
India has been successful in highlighting & bringing the issue of cross-border terrorism globally.
India’s long demand of declaring Pakistan a “terrorist nation” again found expression in the Home Minister’s response to the attack when he said it must be diplomatically isolated.
It is probably for the first time that so many countries have condemned the terror attack in India & have stood by in the times of its struggle against terrorism.
▪ United Nations General Assembly to be held soon will find expression of the attack by India. It would be strong a condemnation.
▪ PM Modi will visit Pakistan in November, 2016 for SAARC summit. His speech will reveal India’s changes in foreignpolicy to cater cross-border terrorism.
▪ India has increased her voices against terrorism & the concern is raised on every global platform.
▪ PM’s speech on Independence Day this year mentioned about human rights violation in PoK, Gilgit & Balochistan areas of Pakistan.
▪ India has got overwhelming support for her fight against terrorism which is likely to increase in the coming days as terrorism has become a global phenomenon.
India might look for options like marginalising Pakistan with its more active participation in sub-regional initiatives like BBIN & BIMSTEC.
Only passage of time will let us know what will happen in the coming days. But having seen the recent developments India is progressing rapidly on the path to end terrorism & the result of the efforts are going to be undoubtedly positive.
With Great Love,
Er. Amit Yadav