-Kigali is the capital of the Rawanda
– 107 countries came to an agreement to reduce the use of HFCs by 85% by 2045
-it will help in curbing the potential rise of temp. of 0.5 degree C by 2050
– it will also provide a mechanism for countries like India to access and develop technologies that leave a low carbon footprint.
– The Kigali Amendment to the Montreal Protocol is legally binding and will come into force from January 1, 2019.
– The Agreement upholds the principle of Common but Differentiated Responsibilities and Respective Capabilities (CBDR & RC).
It provides a viable roadmap for the implementation of phase out schedule of high GWP HFCs.
》Montreal Protocol, 1987
– to close the hole in ozone layer by banning CFCs.
With Great Love,
Er. Amit Yadav